Sunday, September 15, 2013

Pretty little desk

 
I sold this pretty little desk and chair this evening The client who purchased it, loved the desk, but requested that I paint it to match her existing living room furniture. She was willing to pay my full asking price plus extra for my time and supplies. In any case, I repainted it an incredible shade of red called "Emperor's silk".(Of course I forgot to take a picture of it).  I already had the paint on hand, since I have used this color prolifically throughout my house, so I was happy to oblige her.  She also purchased an antique mirror which I painted in the same color.  The vinyl used to upholster the chair seat was painted "old white" and then sanded and waxed to perfection. By the time I was done with it, it was as soft as buttery leather. Oh the amazing things you can do with Annie Sloan Paint!!!!!!!!
 
 
Believe it or not, this is what it looked like when I first laid eyes on it. Scary!
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment